Professional fashion designers or tailors are the ones in the right position to tell you the best industrial weaving machine and for this reason, with information collected from the top best fashion designers in Nigeria, we have taken our time to write out the cost of industrial weaving machines in Nigeria for you to chose from.
In Nigeria, it is popularly called weeping machine or weaving machine but the right name for it is serger or overlock machine. for the benefit of Nigerians, we will utilize the name it’s being called locally and the most searched name which is industrial weaving machine.
The importance of industrial weaving machines cannot be overemphasized as this gives dressmakers an edge over others in their line of business. No wonder you see some so-called tailors or fashion designers taking their materials to the professionals who own industrial weaving machines.
The industrial weaving machine smoothens the edges by trimming out the unwanted materials protruding from your clothes thereby giving it a clean-looking internal section that will not inconvenience your customers when being rocked.
To give your customers a fitting design you need to get one of the industrial machines on this list based on your budget and this will make your customers refer you to other potential customers.
You cannot in any way compare the manual machine with the industrial one as the manual takes time and even you end up with untidy designs, the industrial weaving machine gives you the best, clean design and time efficiency is achieved. Records also have it that clothes made with industrial weaving machines last longer than those made with manual machines.
If you want to step up in your fashion designing business then it’s high time you get yourself one, this will scale up your rate of production and at the same time get you more customers.
Cost Of Industrial Weaving Machines in Nigeria
You should know that the prices of weaving machines vary based on the brand (maker) and the capacity of such machines be it manual or automatic.
Making the right decision on which one to purchase requires you to know their functions and if it is that very one you need, once this is settled then your pocket is the next decision-maker, you definitely will have cheaper ones no matter the type of job you intend to use them for likewise the expensive ones but know that the more expensive the more sophisticated the weaving machine will be.
Read Also: The Cost Of Sewing Machines in Nigeria
Prices Of Brand New Industrial Weaving Machines
- EMEL Industrial overlock machine (3 thread): ₦198,000 – ₦210,000
- Butterfly overlock sewing machine: ₦45,000 – ₦60,000
- SUMO overlock sewing machine: ₦45,000 – ₦50,000
- SUMO Industrial overlock machine (3 thread): ₦120,000 – ₦140,000
- SUMO Industrial overlock machine (4 thread): ₦165,000 – ₦80,000
- Brother Industrial overlock machine: ₦180,000 – ₦200,000
- Marylock overlock: N260.00o N280.0oo Lion Industrial weaving machine: ₦190,000 – ₦200,000
We have listed the most common brands used by professional fashion designers in Nigeria, although you can get other Chinese brands as we have them in abundance.
Prices Of Foreign Used Industrial Weaving Machines
Below is the latest price of tokunbo industrial weaving machines also known as foreign used or fairly used industrial weaving machines.
- Gemini overlocking machine: ₦20,000 – ₦30,000
- SUMO overlocking machine: ₦20,000 – ₦30,000
- Butterfly Interlocking machine: ₦60,000 – ₦65,000
- SUMO Industrial overlock machine (3 thread): ₦70,000 – ₦90,000
- Brother industrial overlock machine: ₦70,000 – ₦100,000
- Brother industrial overlock machine: ₦70,000 – ₦100,000
- Two Lion Industrial weaving machine: ₦80,000 – ₦100,000
Read Also: Top 10 Best Fashion Schools in Nigeria
Note: You are advised to be more careful when buying a fairly used industrial weaving machine as some may be having various degrees of issues before the owner decides to sell it out, make sure you get yours from a trusted source. The price can also vary and this is usually attributed to how severe the damages on it are or the way it’s being used.
Things To Consider When Buying An Industrial Weaving Machine
Below are the points you should take note of before paying for an industrial weaving machine:
- Your Budget
- Functions or features of the Machine
- The Brand
- Power Supply Consumption
- The Availability of Spare parts
- Complexity of functions
- Reputation over the years
- Total Functionality
You can also contact sewing machine repairers to know the brands that are easy to repair likewise the availability of the spare parts in the Nigerian market.
Benefits of Industrial Weaving Machines To Fashion Designers
Below are the benefits you will get from using an Industrial weaving machine:
- The industrial weaving machines are automatic and faster when being used.
- They can make use of electricity thereby saving you the stress you get with the manual.
- It makes your job faster and neater.
- It gives you the opportunity to get more customers and automatically increases your earnings.
- It allows the use of different kinds of fabrics compared to manual ones.
- Can be used for bulk production.
- Allow you to make more sophisticated designs.
Industrial Weaving Machine Maintenance
Below is how to properly maintain your industrial weaving machine:
- Frequent lubrication.
- Make sure you service once its due for servicing.
- Clean it frequently with a neat and soft microfiber cloth.
- Monitor its parts regularly and once a fault is dicovered make sure the faulty part is replaced.
- Always check the trimmer at least twice weekly.
Read Also: Top 10 Best Textile Companies in Nigeria
Where to Buy Industrial Weaving Machine In Nigeria
Once you have the budget required to buy yourself an industrial weaving machine then the next step is the right places you can get them from.
You can always get varieties of industrial weaving machines online from jumia.com.ng, Jiji, Olx and also on Konga. Also if you do not like the Nigerian online marketplace then you can visit industrial weaving machine dealers or suppliers in popular fashion stores in Nigeria.
Disclaimer: Credits for all images used in this post and on this site go to their respective owners. Eucarlwears in no way claims ownership of any image unless otherwise stated. Also, we use Amazon links so we might get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.